Aadhaar card is a Government of India issues document, and losing or misplacing it can cause immense anxiety. It is important that you inform your local police station about the loss, but what after that? Can you get a duplicate Adhaar Card? Whats the process for the same?
Well you don’t need to worry about Duplicate Card. You can download E Adhaar Card directly from UIDAI website. And the best part is that E Adhaar Card is completely legal and valid proof of identity.
What to do if you lose/misplace your Adhaar Card
What to do if you lose/misplace your Aadhaar Card
- Download your E-Aadhar from UIDAI website, Click Here – Download E Adhaar Card.
- To Download E Adhaar Card, you need to have either your Adhaar Number or Enrollment no.
- In case you have neither of these numbers, then you will first need to get either of these numbers.
- If you have registered your mobile number with UIDAI then you can get your Adhaar number via UIDAI website. Just follow the steps shown here – Get Adhaar Number/Enrollment Number.
- In case you did not register mobile number with UIDAI then you can not retrieve any information online. In such case you will need to contact UIDAI personally. You can do so using any of the options listed below.
In case you have not registered your mobile number with UIDAI you will need to contact UIDAI/ Aadhar Card center’s in person in order to retreive information if you have lost/misplaced your Aadhaar Card. Following are your options to contact:
How to Contact UIDAI/ Aadhaar Card